Quality content rules the Facebook news feed
With over 1 billion users worldwide coupled with deep local reach and engagement, Facebook is a key social platform for financial services professionals to reach out and connect with customers.
Everyday, millions of agents and advisers use their Facebook Business Page to share content, post updates on their business, and provide useful insights into what is happening in the market.
But it is a simple truth that as more people engage on Facebook Business Pages, the more crowded a user’s news feed will be. At best, a user can review dozens or maybe a hundred updates a day.
To reduce noise and keep a user’s news feed as relevant as possible, Facebook uses over 1000 filters to determine which posts should get highlighted.
In a recent TechCrunch article, Facebook News Feed Director of Product Management Will Cathcart highlighted the main filters:
- How popular (Liked, commented on, shared, clicked) are the post creator’s past posts with everyone
- How popular is this post with everyone who has already seen it
- How popular have the post creator’s past posts been with the viewer
- Doe the type of post (status update, photo, video, link) match what types have been popular with the viewer in the past
- How recently was the post published
As an agent or adviser, you’ve worked hard to build a loyal and active following on your Facebook Business Page. Make sure you keep those followers engaged and up-to-date by posting timely, relevant content.
Focusing on consistency and quality of content will help determine how prominently your post will appear in your follower’s news feed.